Thank you for this helpful post.
Why I’m NOT Seeing the Movie Son Of God
by Reed DePace
Yeah, expect some will disagree with this. Follow this argument with me:
- Is Jesus God?
- If you say “yes”, does the 2nd Commandment (Ex 20:4) apply to Jesus?
- If you say, “yes”, nuff said – you better not go see the movie.
If you say, ‘yeah but” … A common objection to my argument is the idea that the context of the 2nd commandment is about images of God for purposes of worship. I.e., as long as the image made is not for worship (e.g., teaching), its ok. Well, let’s follow that argument:
- What is the only proper, biblical response to God?
- Worship (Dt 10:12; Ps 99; Mt 22:37)
- If Jesus is God (Joh 1:1-5),
- Then what is the only proper, the biblical response to Him?
- Uh, worship.
Think about the response on the Mt of Transfiguration (Mt…
View original post 943 more words